Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hosanna

Here's an excerpt from my journal about what God had laid on my heart about the lyrics of Brooke Fraser's song Hosanna and my thoughts on how the relate to me: 

"Heal my heart and make it clean" - my heart is so full of sin - purify it and make it like yours
"Open up my eyes to the things unseen" - show me the bigger picture - show me what you see - make me aware of Your presence 
"Show me how to love like You have loved me" - You have showed me the most incredible love - give me the will and strength to show others that love
"Break my heart for what breaks Yours" - not just in the world around me, but in my own life.  I want to be broken and distraught over my sin like You are
"Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause" - I want to live for the bigger picture - for You and showing others You.  I don't want to be selfish and think of myself and what I want in the moment, but what will grow Your kingdom
"As I walk from earth into eternity" - show me how to live for eternity.  So many of the things I do don't make an eternal impact, but I want my life to be focused on what is eternal.  i want to be fearless in telling others about Christ, because their eternity is at stake



7 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I am so impressed by your maturity and spiritual wisdom? I love everything about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love your heart, Mal. I used to listen to that song none stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lines 3 and 4, Yes! Those are two excellent things to work on...
    We should really stop to think about the lyrics and then apply them to us shouldn't we? Thanks for the reminder. <3
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this song! I like how you applied each line to your own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such precious thoughts, Mal. :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments totally make my day, so go for it! I'd love to hear from you!
-mal :)