Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year's!

2012 was amazing.  Hands-down, it was the best year of my life.  Here's what happened:

January: I took this picture, which ended up winning 1st place in a photo contest in our neighborhood!  That's the first $100 I've made off photography!


February:


March:


April: only the most amazing night of my life :)  The guitarist from Abandon (my good friend's brother-in-law) took Megan and me backstage at the Newsboys concert to meet Anthem Lights, one of my favorite bands.  They were in the middle of their workout but they stopped to talk for a while, and they were so nice.  It.was.amazing.













May: I finished my 8th/10th grade school year!  (That sounds confusing.  Because it is.  It was 8th in terms of age, but I was doing 10th schoolwork.  Yeah, it's crazy.)  We went to Philadelphia and New York City.  Our NYC trip was interesting - it was cold and raining, which leads to wet shoes and soaked skinny jeans.  I was drying my shoes in a hand drier in a bathroom and wrapping my frozen feet in napkins at Olive Garden to keep warm and dry.  But it was fun nonetheless :)


















June:


July: The month of amazing trips: 4th of July in Colorado with some of our closest friends and our cruise to Alaska with mom's side of the family (most amazing trip I've ever been on).  I also started playing bass in the church band on Sunday morning, which has been so fun :)






August: I started my 9th/11th school year. Aka, the hardest school year of my life. Yeah for physics and pre-cal :(

September: Trip with mom's family to a couple lake houses on Lake LBJ over Labor Day

October: I finished playing organized sports for probably the rest of my life.  I've played soccer since I was 3, but I'm done now.

November: I turned 15!  My family and friends threw me a surprise party, the day of my birthday was amazing, and I got a ton of Vera Bradley stuff in my pattern, so yeah, it was awesome :)


December: We had our annual Youth and Government (debate/ mock legislature) district conference.  Mason and I both got distinguished delegate :)  Mason and I also got to play in our town center one night and on Christmas Eve at our church with the worship team :)


What made your 2012 special?


18 comments:

  1. I love that you recapped each month! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Mal, this was awesome! I'm glad you had such an amazing year! :) By the way, I just got really excited seeing that you turned fifteen in November because I just turned fifteen in December. :D And this year I am a 9th/10th grader, so you know... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did a year in review :) and I am so impressed that in 8th grade you were doing 10th grade work. That's seriously way cool. ;) and the cruise....best week EVER! And they just put MY pattern on sale...I feel your pain. ;)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Mal! Love how you made a whole post about every month you spent in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Very nice. I hope 2013 proves to be an even better year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My year was great because I have a wonderful husband, son, and DAUGHTER!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your recap. . . looks like it was a great year for you! CLARA is what made my 2012 incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post, Mal. I enjoyed reading the recap of each month. A good year for a GOOD niece. Love you!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. The highlight of my year was knowing that you think I am the coolest aunt! :)
    Great post!
    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!!

    I think its cool that we both met A.L . in 2012. Brave girl for hugging them all when they were sweaty like that ;) haha.

    Love you! Happy 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! For some reason I had the aussumption that you were around 16 or 17, I admire you quite a bit for doing 11th grade school this year! I'm in 12th and doing 12th. =P
    The story in May made me laugh. =D
    July; my aunt just went to Alaska too! I got to see her pictures; it's reaaaaaly beautiful there.
    Dec: That's awesome! Playing in the Town Center for Christmas, I would love to do that! Assuming they could haul a piano in there...!

    Happy New year!

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say that you are absolutely the cutest thing ever? And it looks like 2012 was a really fun year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog i really like it!!! You have a new follower :D If u want 2 check mine out and follow it i would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. makingmelodinmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog post it lovely....but those Anthem Lights guys? SO stinking gorgeous...just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mal! I know it's kind of strange to be posting a comment on this post in particular, but I got really excited when I saw that one of your highlights of the year was Youth & Government! I did our state's Y&G this year too, which totally rocked!! Congrats to you and your brother for getting distinguished delegate.

    *calms down after getting overly excited about another person on the planet who did Y&G*

    Anyway, I really admire your blog and pictures, and figured that it's high time for me to drop by and say so. ;)

    God bless,
    K-Minty

    ReplyDelete

Comments totally make my day, so go for it! I'd love to hear from you!
-mal :)